Saturday, August 30, 2008

It's That Time Of Year Again

Oskee Wow-Wow and we're off!


How sweet is it not to have an Illini-Mizzou match-up where the their respective national rankings do not tally up to triple digits. That said, I predict my Illini will fall 35-24. Even with Mizzou's offensive line concerns, I suspect Daniels will pick up apart.

FIRST HALF UPDATE: Wow. Mizzou looks like a team with a few games under its belt. On the other hand, the Illini defense was shambolic, the offense incoherent and yet the special teams still managed to be the lowlight.

LATE 3rd Q UPDATE: What a train wreck. The only positive the Illini can take from this is that complacency was a concern. No more. With the upcoming schedule this club is going to be fighting hard to get seven wins and a bowl bid.

4th QTR UPDATE: Why I love Mrs. Southlandish (also an Illini alum). "We've got them right where we want them. We've worn out their offense."

1 comment:

Rich Horton said...

I'm always such a pessimist. I've got the Illini winning 34-31.