Monday, October 6, 2008

I Thought About Writing Something Exactly Like This

Really, I did:

You know how I know STL is a baseball town? Last night at the gym, as many as 20-25 people let out a simultaneous yell when the Dodgers took the lead on a grand slam against the losers. Sorry Jayson Stark. So sad Rick Reilly. You’re rah-rah this is the year bullshit yesterday looks a bit more asinine today. God, I really do hate the Cubs. And so do many of you.

As I said to my wife the night the Dodgers swept the Cubs, "There is only one thing better then watching the Cardinals win a postseason series, and that is watching the Cubs lose one."

Now, if the Angels can come back to beat the Red Sox in five I'll almost be happy.

1 comment:

Southlandish said...

The Goat and I were watching the Cubs game together and celebrated with a snifter of cognac. It has become a tradition dating back to the 2003 Cubs loss when I called him and told him I had just poured a glass of malt to celebrate. He had just poured a glass for himself moments before. Their performance last year earned a toast too. The only drinks that tasted better were in 2006. After the Cards won the NLDS I celebrated with The Macallan 12 Yr. The NLCS warranted a pop of the 18 Yr. and the Series win brought out the 25 Yr., complete with incense and genuflection...