Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Pujols: I Want My MLS

Watch out Collinsville...uh, I mean St. Louis *wink*... here comes Albert:

National League MVP Albert Pujols is trying to bring Major League Soccer to St. Louis.

St. Louis Soccer United announced Tuesday that the Cardinals first baseman has joined the proposed ownership group, which is committed to bringing an MLS expansion franchise to the area in 2011.

The announcement came one day after Pujols was named the MVP for second time in four years.

“I am very proud and excited to join the effort to bring Major League Soccer to the St. Louis area,” Pujols said. “This means a lot to me and my family, as we all love soccer and we believe in MLS.

“This is something that will be great for our community, especially our youth. I strongly encourage St. Louis business leaders and sports fans to join me in this effort. St. Louis is an unbelievable sports town and we’ll be a great city for Major League Soccer.”

Ha! Take that Miami and Portland! What you got, eh? Nothing I tell you...NOTHING. Because, let's face it, Albert just won the MVP award, and everyone knows that the MVP award is really worth something... uh...

Never mind.

No comments: