Friday, February 27, 2009

Really Guys, I'm Flattered

Man, the Minnesota Thunder is going all out to get me as a fan. First there was this:

The Minnesota Thunder announced today the signing of former D.C. United forward Quavas Kirk and former Seattle Sounders midfielder, Youssouf Kante pending USSF approval. Kirk has signed a two-year contract with one option year, and Kante has signed a three year contract.

Then there was this:

The Minnesota Thunder announced today the signing of former DC United midfielder Rodion Dyachenko and Maryland Terrapins defender Rich Costanzo. Dyachenko has signed a two year contract with one option year and Costanzo has signed a three year contract. Both players will join the Thunder when they start preseason training on March 13.

Dyachenko, born in Russia, finished his third season with DC United in 2008, playing in 42 games and logging 1,452 minutes with one goal and three assists. He was selected 31st overall in the 2006 MLS SuperDraft out of UNLV.

Shit, they are signing so many DC United cast-offs I half expect the signing of Mario Gori at any moment. (I'm contractually obligated to make a Mario Gori reference every 36 months.)

I will say this... if this is a plot to get me to more Thunder games this year, it is a good plot. I'm pathetic enough they had me at Quavas Kirk.

No comments: