Sunday, April 25, 2010

Someone Call The Cops!

So I'm watching the Fulham v. Everton game today and it is a fairly entertaining match. It's 1-1 in the last 30 seconds or so, and although Everton has dominated large stretches of the match it is a pretty fair result. After all, Everton's only goal had come on an own goal.

However, then the refs decide they want to give the game to Everton, literally. First Everton's Louis Saha kicks the ball out of bound. It was very clear. Everyone in the park could see it...everyone, we are supposed to believe, except the assistant ref who gives it to Everton. Off the throw the ball comes bounding into the box off of the shoulder and arm of an Everton player. Because of the poor touch of the Everton player the ball was way, and I mean WAY, out of his reach. But the ref calls a bullshit penalty because after the ball had bounded away the Everton player clattered into a Fulham player. There is no way that is a penalty. If you think it IS, well, that just proves you are an idiot who knows nothing about the game.

Look, I root for each side because they each have American players, so I am hardly biased. I just want a fairly played match. All I can say is I'd love to see the bank accounts of the officials for today's game.

No comments: