Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bye Bye EJ


Sheesh. This is getting to be a habit with the Blues:

Jay McClement and Erik Johnson are going to Colorado.

Chris Stewart and Kevin Shattenkirk are coming to St. Louis.

Fans of both teams think they got screwed.

Well, I don't know about screwed, but it certainly seems it the Blues who have taken the far bigger risk here. Of the four players involved only Johnson has the potential to be a dominant player in this league. If he develops into what the Blues originally saw in him we may be kicking ourselves for years.

In Stewart the Blues finally have added some offensive help. He's a big strong kid who has feasted on the Blues in the past. I will be interested in getting more of a look at him. Shattenkirk is a rookie who is having the customary ups and downs rookies have in this league. Still, after moving EJ and Brewer in consecutive days the Blues were smart in adding a D-man.

Losing McClement hurts me. Silent Jay was my favorite Blue in this group, a role he took over when Stempniak was traded. (Note: If you are a Blues player who would liked to be shipped out just drop me a line and I will make you my new favorite player. A call from the GM will quickly follow I'm sure.)

I sure hope this works.

No comments: