Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Cardinals Halloween Costume: Easily Killed Zombies

Just imagine what could have been had the Cards not decided to celebrate Halloween a week or so early.

Look, I know it was a hell of a season, and blah, blah, blah, blah, blah... I'mjust not the type to take these things well, and I sure as hell am not going to start now.

Here is the rub.... the Cards have blown FOUR 3-1 leads in best of seven series in their history which stretches back to the 19th century. I've lived through three of them (1985 World Series, 1996 & 2012 NLCS.) Actually I was alive for the fourth one as well (the 1968 World Series) though I was one-month old at the time. Oh I'm sure I cried when it happened, just not because it happened.

On the other side of the coin, the Cards have never come back from being down 3-1. Not once.

Its enough to make a fan want to chew out his own intestines. Or maybe I should just leave that for the Cardinals. After all, they are dressed for the part.

No comments: