Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Disaster Time

I hate writing about a loss. It makes me angry at the time and brooding upon it later doesn't help. As far as I can tell, when it comes to sports, there is no such thing as catharsis. So, I'll make a couple of points about the Blues excrementally bad Game Four and move on.

1. Hitch screwed up the insertion of Tarasenko. Period. He got it wrong. I don't care how many games he has won as a coach he fucked this up. The Blues would have been better off keeping Cracknell in than using Tarasenko the way they did. Cracknell would have contributed, Tarasenko was not given a chance to contribute. So, what's the point of playing him? To shut up the fans who think scoring an average 1.67 goals a game is no way to win in the playoffs? Really?

2. McDonald has been terrible. Bench worthily bad.

3. The D sure did pick a shitty time to play their worst game in the last 20 Blues contests. Some individual blunders were worse than others (there was one pinch that led to a 3-on-1 that will plague my nightmares for years to come), but none of them were blameless. This doesn't worry me too much. They should bounce back.

4. There was something rather gutless about the way the Blues lost a 2-0 and then a 3-2 lead. I believe that is what has made Blues fans so angry. (And, yes, as a group they are pissed.)

Done and done.

No comments: