Sunday, September 9, 2007

Randomly Collected Thoughts

I haven't had much time to write lately (starting a new job don't ya know) but I've caught a few games of late.....to wit:

I. The Cards have been playing pretty well considering the starting rotation is a complete mess. I have to wonder if this team has the ability to win big games when push comes to shove.

II. Mizzou is 2-0, as I predicted, but they are playing exactly like I thought they would play. The offense is something to watch...sometimes. The defense is mostly offensive. The team still lacks any semblance of a "killer instinct" which will spell trouble...yet again.

III. The U.S. played pretty well against Brazil right up to the point we scored the first goal. After that we were pretty dire....especially up front. ("Where have you gone Brian McBride, a nation turns its lonely eyes to you...")

IV. The DC v. Chivas match on Thursday had to be the worst game played in MLS this season. BORING.

UPDATE:

I forgot to add...did you notice the Mizzou game ended 38-25??? I predicted 38-24. Pretty good, no?

No comments: