Sunday, November 8, 2009

I Need An Assistant

Really, I've no time these days. It feels like I should have time, but every day I look up at the clock and, shit!, another day is in the books and I'm dragging my tired carcass off to bed. Oh, I wake up early enough in the morning but by the time I update my radio station, drink my morning tea and eat my morning bagel, I'm nearly late for work. Once I'm at work I've got my nose in a book prepping for class, or I'm studiously avoiding grading papers with office banter.

As a result sports have fallen off the radar to an unusual degree for me. I'm still watching it a bit, but I'm not really following it. For example, I've no idea if the Cards have made any moves since the season ended. Not only am I not looking at the baseball blogs but I'm not even reading the P-D.

I do miss it, most of the time, but I'm pretty sure there isn't much I can do about it right now. If only I was paid enough to be able to afford to hire a manservant...

No comments: