Wednesday, November 11, 2009

When Won't The Billikens Suck?

You know, as a longtime fan of a mid-major college basketball program I don't think I have unreasonable expectations. There is no possibility of long term sustained success for a team like SLU and I accept that. Sure, UCLA or Duke or North Carolina can have such expectations with a clunker team only coming along once a decade or so. The Billikens will always be more of a roller coaster ride, or at least should be a roller coaster ride if things are progressing as they should.

The one thing this team has not had since Majerus arrived is "progress". They've gone 16-15 and 18-14 the last two years, and now there are no upperclassmen to speak of, and this collection of Freshmen and Sophomores are predicted to get absolutely spanked. Maybe I should be more patient, but I really thought there would be better recruits in the pipeline by now. (Dwayne Evans, who will come in next year is a decent signing, but I'm hoping for more of this type of recruit.)

I'm predicting the Bills win 7 games this year total.

I'm just hoping I'm not being too optimistic.

No comments: