Tuesday, April 1, 2008

A Blissful Summer Awaits

A innocent, fresh-faced pre-2007 season Southlandish.

A quick review of yesterday's line scores shows that no other NL Central team was up by four runs in the third. Izturis and Glaus reached base twice, Pujols homered, Ankiel had two RBI, Wainwright gave up only one run, the bullpen was perfect and no one on the roster died. Oh, and the Cubs lost. As such, I've decided to spare myself the anguish from 162 games of soul-crushing, mind-numbing defeat (my that has a nice ring to it). I'm declaring the Cardinal season a wild success, ignoring the rest of the schedule and focusing on the Illini's prospects in football this fall. I'm open to suggestions for a post-Illini focus after declaring victory in the August intra-squad matches....

No comments: