Friday, April 4, 2008

Heaven On A Thursday


It's been a long cold lonely winter around these northerly climes. Cabin fever set in during early January and, because of God's piss poor placement of Wisconsin latitude wise, there was only 2 or 3 more months of cold and snow to look forward to...at best.

Yesterday, however, the sun came out, the thermometer hit 57 degrees, the seven inches of snow that fell on Monday was melted away, and I was able to sit on my back patio for the afternoon, with a six dollar cigar and a rocks glass of Jameson's 12 Year Old Irish Whiskey, and listen to the Cards out pitch the Rockies in faraway St. Louis.

I damn near wept.

1 comment:

Southlandish said...

It's not often I envy your ass up there in the frozen tundra, but this sounds like one of those times.

On the other hand, I'm having lunch in the pub that just opened at the club in my community and surfing the web on the free wifi (I love this place). As I pulled up your post, I was asking the bartender what they were going to be dinging me at happy hour tonight for their monstrous Beefeater martinis. Answer: $3. Somewhere in the cosmos Dorothy Parker smiled.