Saturday, September 27, 2008

Shit You Cannot Make Up

So I checked what the Game Of The Week on FOX was here in SW Florida, naturally expecting to find a key playoff-determining game - probably the Twins/Royals since the former train here (and for that matter the Royals used to ). Silly me. I forgot the Yanks and BoSox were playing a meaningless game, which means they have to be on my TV. Fuck. 

I guess it turned out that the game was postponed and I have no idea what they ended up broadcasting because by that time I had unenthusiastically cued up the Arsenal/Hull City match that I had recorded. What a game. A 2-1 Hull upset at The Emirates no less where the Gunners haven't lost in forever and haven't conceded a goal this season. Geovanni's strike for the equalizer was nothing short of magnificent and will make the EPL's highlight reel for the season, as will Myhill's save in extra time to preserve the win. So MLB (aka Bud Selig) can once again kiss my hairy ass.

And fuck me if my Illini didn't just hold on defense and shove it up Penn State's ass on their first drive. 

1 comment:

Rich Horton said...

Illini flagged for "illegal touching"? Didnt we used to call that "downing a punt"?