Friday, February 2, 2007

Some United Thoughts

I was pleased to see the team reaquire Dyachenko from Toronto. Rod's got a lot of upside, so the deal was easily worth the first round pick.

Then there was this from Steve Goff's blog:

Rookie forward Guy-Roland Kpene, from Dowling College, told me that he has signed a developmental contract with MLS. The team won't formally announce it until his paperwork is complete. Safe to say, he is virtually certain to make the final roster. Kpene has a fascinating background, which I will write about in the coming weeks.


Should be interesting reading. You can find some real high praise of Kpene floating around the net from those who saw him in college. NCAA Div II to MLS is a huge jump, so here is wishing him luck.

And, yes, here is wishing luck to Ricky Schramm. On draft day I wrote that I doubted he would make the team. This prompted a response from someone from Georgetown (was that you Ricky?), taking me to task. (All I seem to do is piss my readers off.) Well, I've been following this team from day one and I've seen lots of draft picks come and go with barely a ripple, but I'll take being wrong about this one in a heart beat. But hey, Schramm had to work his butt off to go from non-invitee to the MLS combine to getting drafted with the #37 selection. I'm sure my doubting him is the least of his worries.

No comments: