Monday, March 22, 2010

Ugly

Sheesh....it is hard to get up and write anything about the Blues when they go and fucking choke away another two points at home AGAIN. Really, the Blues home record is a disgrace and, to my mind at least, speaks to the weakness of our group of core veterans especially on the blueline. I hate to say it, but I'm finding it difficult to imagine a Blues team going deep in the playoffs with Eric Brewer or Barret Jackman in their lineup, let alone Darrel Sydor or Mike Weaver. Please note, I'm not busting on these guys in the sense of saying they can't play, but I think results do speak for themselves.

Obviously, what we have isn't good enough, and I think it is unrealistic to expect Eric Johnson and Alex Pietrangelo will be able to anchor the defense without a couple of vets to provide a steady influences.

Those are vets we simply do not have, so we have to spend the offseason(s) acquiring them.

No comments: