Tuesday, September 7, 2010

I Just Might Lose My MLS Fandom

From Steve Goff:

Club president Kevin Payne says that the process of identifying a location for a new stadium continues in Washington, Northern Virginia and Baltimore. The Maryland Stadium Authority's feasibility study, the first of many steps if a Charm City project goes forward, is expected to be finalized in the coming weeks.

The day DC United moves to Baltimore is the day I cease to be a fan.

Good luck to them, but Baltimore doesn't mean shit to me. I didn't live in Baltimore for eight years, I lived in DC. I didn't have season tickets to a team playing in Baltimore, I had tickets to a team playing in DC. I'm not rooting for the fucking uniforms, I'm (mostly) rooting for a team tied to a specific place.

This sucks.

No comments: