Friday, July 6, 2007

Screw Brazil (Title Revised)

I'm tired of watching dick for brains soccer refs eat the shit that comes out of Brazil asses like it was truffle sauce.

That is another way of saying I'm watching the U.S. v. Brazil under 20 World Cup game, and wishing I wasn't. First, Brazil flops around more than any 75 cent whore in Rio. Second, Edson should have been out with a red card. Any half way decent...no make that any ref with more than three functioning brain cells, gives him the second yellow he so fucking clearly deserved. Third, there is no way the U.S. keeper isn't fouled on the Brazil goal. But the FIFA fucks must have the fix in so Brazil can move on. (Big bucks don't you know.)

Brazil is the absolute worst thing about international soccer. This type of garbage goes on all the time when a Brazilian team is involved, especially at the non-senior level. I remember an Olympic finals game between Brazil and some African side (Cameroon?) that was the single most embarrassing moment in FIFA history. The ref was so obviously throwing the game to Brazil that the linesmen (who were from a different country than the ref) started to throw the game the other way. The African side was finally reduced by the ref to 8 men (yep, that is 3 red cards..and each and every one of them complete bullshit), but the linesmen kept calling Brazil offside when they CLEARLY were not.

Luckily, God does exist and the Africans (I really wish I could remember the country involved) scored a "golden" goal, as they had back in those days of yore.

Of course the real golden goal for all of soccer would be to banish the Brazil "mystique" to the ashcan of history. The U.S. is playing THIS sorry sack of shit team (although Jo is pretty damn good), they are not playing Pele.

Give us all a fucking break.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

While I won't go off the deep end into a spiraling abyss of hatred and contempt for Brazil like you, I will agree that the officiating in the second half of the US/Brazil Under 20 Cup was awful. While I don't think there should've been a foul on the goal (which clearly was an own goal-the US defender knocked it in), you're right about the second yellow, and every bit of contact was a US foul, but none called on Brazil, unless it was particularly egregious. Jo was climbing over the US defender's back when he headed the ball that was saved. (BTW, Helluva game by the US keeper, a Maryland product.)

It was clear that the ref couldn't believe that Brazil was losing, so he did his best to rectify it.

Walt

Rich Horton said...

I still think contact with the keeper was made before the defender hit the ball...but that is neither here nor there now.

I'm much calmer now. Actually writing that was cathartic, especially since the wife didn't want to hear any of it.

The blog is gonna save my marraige.

Rich Horton said...

BTW I think the US defenders invited Jo to be all over them by playing so soft. We have some size in the squad but we are not physical enough. Jo against our back line is a man against boys.

Anonymous said...

My wife makes me close the door to the basement so she can't hear me screaming at the refs.

I don't have a blog, so she has to bear some of the brunt of my displeasure. On the other hand, I've never envisioned myself dying from a heart attack while watching a Blues game.

Walt