Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm Not Dead

But I don't smell too good.

Actually, the real world is doing a bit to kick my butt these days. Some of it is good as I am preparing new classes I'm to teach in the fall. Other things are more speculative. (I'll go into those things later...maybe.) In any event, I've had little time to devote to sport blogging although not much has changed.

A) The Cardinals are still not good enough to be a .500 team.

B) The NHL season is still too far away.

C) I've seen DC United play maybe once in 8 weeks, which isn't enough to offer an even half-assed opinion. (I know, I know...like that has stopped me before.)

D) I've seen no Aussie rules this season at all.

E) The mere idea of Billiken basketball seems a far away promontory. (Ha! That high school English class finally payed off.)

F) The Cards still cannot beat Zambrano.

G) The Cards still make every AAA or AA rookie left-hander look like Cy Freakin' Young.

H) Beckham still hasn't played a meaningful minute in MLS.

All in all, I'm stuck in some serious summer doldrums.

As is southlandish presumably.

No comments: