Saturday, June 14, 2008

Blues Draft Preview

Alright, this is not much of a preview because, lets face it, I've no idea what the draft board for the Blues looks like. After all, do I look Finnish to you?

That being said, I see no reason why GASL shouldn't have a draft board of their own. Here is how I think the Blues draft board should set up from #1 to #10.

#1) Steven Stamkos, C - Unfortunately, the kid probably already has a Florida drivers licence. 0.00% chance he will be around at #4.

#2) Zach Bogosian, RD - Probably the best upside of the defensive prospects. Probably won't be around at #4. I'd say maybe a 15% chance he's still around.

#3) Nikita Filatov, LW - I'm betting this high potential forward is still around, but I doubt the Blues would take a chance on a Russian player however talented they are. 90% chance he's around at #4.

#4) Mikkel Boedker, LW - Oh, he will be there at #4, but will the Blues value another potential number 3 or 4 defenseman over offensive depth? 100% chance he will be around.

#5) Alex Pietrangelo, RD - The next best defenseman. 90% chance he's still around.

#6) Colin Wilson, C - I know the Blues don't really need another young center, but he's still aways from making the jump. He's got good size. 98% chance he's still around.

#7) Drew Doughty, RD - Ho hum. Another defensman some people like. (And the player the pessimist in me believes the Blues will actually draft.) 85% chance he's around at #4.

#8) Cody Hodgson, C - Two way center the Blues could draft and use as trade bait? 100% chance he will be around at #4.

#9) Joshua Bailey, C - Now, I'm just putting in guys because I don't want the guy I've listed at #10. Bailey is also more of a two way player. 100% Bailey is around at #4.

#10) Luke Schenn, RD - If the Blues select this player, who sounds like the next coming of Murray Baron, with the #4 pick, I will run screaming from the room. 100% chance he's still around at #4. If he falls to the Blues in the second round I will celebrate...but not at number four of the first.

I'll add, since there are no big name goaltending prospects around this year, the Blues would have a chance to get the best of this bunch with a later pick. As we went through goalies in this organization rather quickly this year, it might not be a bad idea to grab another with some potential. Thomas McCollum, Chris Carrozzi, Chet Pickard, or Dustin Tokarski (love the name) could be such an option.

No comments: