Wednesday, April 15, 2009

My Wife's Not Perfect

...but she's pretty damn good.

So, this morning I'm really impatient with just about everything. I'm bugged by the amount of time it takes me to make sandwiches, the amount of time my wife takes to drink her coffee, the fact there isn't a parking spot right in front of the building, the wait for the elevator...I mean every freakin' thing. Well, I work in the same building and on the same floor as my wife so she is witness to all of this, and it dawns on me that she is looking pained and expectant because she can't figure out what the hell is wrong with me.

"Oh, by the way," I say as she begins to head for her office, "I'm being such a dick because I'm nervous about the Blues game tonight."

"You're kidding?" she says.

"No. That's really it."

She rolls her eyes, but doesn't say another word.

I'll take it.

No comments: