DC, as they often do, take a local kid, Ricky Schramm, Forward, Georgetown, at #37. (Not so bold prediction to follow.) He won't make the team.
Alright, maybe Damon didn't say that exactly, but he might as well have : Hollywood star Matt Damon has dismissed James Bond as being stuck in the past. The actor, who appears in the Bourne thrillers, said: "The Bond character will always be anchored in the 1960s and in the values of the 1960s." The suave spy was "so anachronistic when you put it in the world we live in today", he said, but added that Bourne was no better or worse than Bond. Damon was speaking in London, where The Bourne Ultimatum, the third film in the franchise, is having its UK premiere. "Bond is an imperialist and a misogynist who kills people and laughs about it, and drinks Martinis and cracks jokes," he told reporters. "Bourne is a serial monogamist whose girlfriend is dead and he does nothing but think about her." Bourne mooning over his dead girlfriend is something we should be excited to see? Give me a break. At least Bond lives in a world where it is killed or be ki...
Comments
I am just wondering what leads you to make this prediction? I would venture to say it is an unfounded guess and, unfortunately for you, a false one at that.
Thanks, though!
Ricky, if that is you...I'm not rooting against you. I'll gladly be wrong, and treat you to dinner if DC ever comes to Minneapolis to play the Thunder.