Friday, October 12, 2007

Kudos

Usually I take time in this blog to bitch about things I don't like, but the time has come to offer praise. Although I was completely skeptical going into the postseason, I have found TBS's coverage of the baseball playoffs excellent. The in-studio segments are interesting and the PBP guys have been more interested in calling the game then in acting like buffoons, as we seen on some other network telecasts. (I'm looking at you Buck and McCarver.) TBS will even forgo the occasional between inning commercial break to go back to the studio for some analysis on what we are seeing in the game. For those who love the intricacies of baseball, and I do, that makes for a highly enjoyable baseball watching experience.

It is especially refreshing after spending years watching Fox's baseball coverage, where the executives decided early on that what baseball telecasts really need is plenty of dancing robots.

No comments: