Sunday, October 14, 2007

"Missed It By THAT Much"


I said I wouldn't get worked up if Mizzou lost at Oklahoma...after all it's Mizzou...at OKLAHOMA.

Still...the game was there for the taking. You've got a lead going into the fourth quarter, against a team you had been out gaining (at that point pretty badly), you sort of don't expect to fall behind 17 points. Ugh.

Of course it could have been worse. Like a road loss to a dismal conference foe who hadn't played well in years. Now, that would have sucked.

3 comments:

Southlandish said...

I've spent hours crafting an appropriate response to this post. It has to be exactly right. After countless revisions, I finally reached deep into my soul and found the pitch perfect verbiage.

BLOW ME.

Rich Horton said...

It isn't as if I wasn't rooting FOR the Illini. The loss to Iowa (?) hurts Mizzou's BCS rating.

They just need to beat Michigan.

Southlandish said...

Too much to hope for. The Michigan and Ohio State hammerings I'm prepared for. I had sooooo hoped they could squeak out a road win at Iowa. Zook's two decisions to accept penalties and replay third down left me screaming at the TV. Poor Mrs. Southlandish had to cover her ears. I understand why Zook was run out of Florida for not being able to coach the game on the field. He's been talking about how he's looked into the eyes of this team and seen guys who know they can win. Talk is great in the pre-game and post-game but making sure that bullshit walks when the game's on the line is good coaching.