Saturday, May 10, 2008

Izzy & Dunc=Bad News

Its déjà vu all over again with Izzy. And as for Duncan, I got this e-mail today from The Goat.

From the Post-Dispatch:

MORE TIME FOR DUNCAN

Chris Duncan did not start Friday night's game but will be in the lineup the next three games, all against right-handed starters, La Russa said.

Duncan entered Friday riding a 0-for-11 skid that dragged his average down to .247. He pinch hit in the seventh inning and struck out swinging. Asked what Duncan needs to break his recent funk, La Russa said simply, "At-bats."

If Tony thinks he needs more at bats then I have one word for him...............MEMPHIS!!!!! How in the fuck can you sit Ludwick at this point?!?! Thankfully I'll be on a boat today and not paying attention to it.

NOTE FROM SOUTHLANDISH - The Goat Adrift on a Boat, hmmmmm. Paging Dr. Seuss.

2 comments:

Rich Horton said...

Shit. I think Duncan reads this blog. He went yard today to spite you.

Although, I agree. Ludwick's got to play...and he did win the game for us today off the bench.

Never screw with a hot streak. Somebody get Tony a copy of Bull Durham stat.

Southlandish said...

No shit. Thankfully, I am sticking with my vow of setting low expectations for this club and not getting too upset, though you expect the vets like Izzy to convert saves and hate for that to be the reason for losses.