Sunday, April 8, 2007

A Grand Day Of Sport Missed (Thank God)

The wife and I took a little drive yesterday about 2 1/2 hours south of here to Decorah, Iowa (nickname "The Decorah, Iowa of Iowa") so I missed the humongous pile of crapola that constituted my rooting interests on Saturday. I had my choice of 5-1 drubbings suffered by the Blues and Cardinals. As an alternative I could have watched the pathetic display offered by DC United. (I actually taped this and watched the first 15 minutes. I could tell how it was going to end so I turned it off. They looked dreadful)

I could have turned my teams off and watched the NCAA Hockey final, but there was Michigan State playing the least fan friendly style of hockey imaginable. Sure its effective, but it is horrible and boring television.

So I spent the day watching my wife buy vegetable and flower seeds, and we took a little hike and visited some cows.

It's too bad when that makes for a far more pleasant day than following my teams.

1 comment:

Southlandish said...

Lock the revolver away before you open the P-D article on Carpenter.....