Tuesday, April 17, 2007

M.I.A.

As in Missing Interesting Action. I can live with the fact that I will not be able to see Notts County (losers 2-1 to Walsall on Saturday) as they are languishing in the lower leagues, but I really want to see my Aussie rules. I especially want to see games like the flogging of Freemantle.

WEST Coast broke their run of defeats by Fremantle and extended the Dockers' miserable start to the season with a 14.17 (101) to 11.4 (70) victory at Subiaco.

Leading at every change, West Coast was always the better team without having a huge advantage on the scoreboard, leading by just 13 points at the final change.

But with the game on the line, West Coast delivered with Steven Armstrong capping an impressive game with his third goal and Michael Braun's industry earning him the Ross Glendinning medal for best-on-ground.


I'm gonna have to see if I can make nice at a sports bar in town, but I'm not sure if I can get the college kids here to go along with my peculiar sporting habits.

Of course if I could find a consistent way to get Irish Football I'd watch that everyday.

Aw well.....leaves me more time to brood about the Cardinals.

No comments: