Skip to main content

The NHL Is Fucking Retarded

So, I'm just trying to enjoy a little playoff hockey tonight. My team doesn't make the playoffs so I don't have a rooting interest as such, I just want to see a good game.

Well, the NHL, as usual, just tells the fans to go fuck themselves.

I'm watching the Senators-Penguin game and 14 seconds after Ottawa scores to go up 4-1 Sidney Crosby scores to cut it to 4-2. It wasn't the prettiest goal in the world, but it was very clearly a goal. There is no controversy about that. If you think otherwise you are a god damned idiot. Well, the dipshits in the NHL say it isn't a goal after review. Now, these are the same assholes that got goal calls wrong TWICE in a single Blues game, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised. But it just pisses me off. I like HOCKEY. I don't really want to be on my blog bitching about the officiating. I don't give a shit about either of these teams. I just like hockey.

THE NHL IS RUINING HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to turn the damn thing off. Whether through incompetence or something else (hmmm...the Canadian teams benefits and the American team is screwed...where have a seen THAT before??), the NHL is bound and determined to destroy this game.

Complete and utter bullshit.

Comments

Anonymous said…
plus, the team that benefitted was the same team that benefitted when the Blues had two goals taken from them.

The Ottawa Senators have some sort of compromising photos of the refs, clearly.
Rich Horton said…
So it would seem.

And did you see McGeough the other day???????? I swaer to God the guy had some sort of stroke and nobody has noticed. His mental processes seem a bit "slow". I forget which game it was, but he sees a slash that knocks the stick out of an opponents hand and decides (correctly for a change) to call a penalty. He raises his hand and waits WHILE THE TEAM THAT COMMITTED THE PENALTY PUT PRESSURE ON IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE. Finally the hamsters in his head kick in, the wheels begin to spin, and 10-12 seconds later he begins to think, "Hmm...you know, they guys with the puck, passing it around, driving towards the net, they committed the penalty. I know I'm supposed to do something, but what? Oh!! I remember!! Blow the whistle!!"

Its early onset dementia if I've ever seen it.

Popular posts from this blog

Matt Damon: "James Bond Should Be A Wuss, Like Me."

Alright, maybe Damon didn't say that exactly, but he might as well have : Hollywood star Matt Damon has dismissed James Bond as being stuck in the past. The actor, who appears in the Bourne thrillers, said: "The Bond character will always be anchored in the 1960s and in the values of the 1960s." The suave spy was "so anachronistic when you put it in the world we live in today", he said, but added that Bourne was no better or worse than Bond. Damon was speaking in London, where The Bourne Ultimatum, the third film in the franchise, is having its UK premiere. "Bond is an imperialist and a misogynist who kills people and laughs about it, and drinks Martinis and cracks jokes," he told reporters. "Bourne is a serial monogamist whose girlfriend is dead and he does nothing but think about her." Bourne mooning over his dead girlfriend is something we should be excited to see? Give me a break. At least Bond lives in a world where it is killed or be ki...

A Note of Optimism About the Note

 If you have been trying to watch the St. Louis Blues attempt to play hockey of late it would be hard to believe the word optimism could ever be in play. The losses continue relentlessly, often in the "never in the game" style, but increasingly in a "lose from winning position" flair which is enough to make someone turn on the news for an upbeat change of pace. (Wow, plane crashes and LUNACY!) This team still can't score with the regularity needed to win consistently in this league. The coaching staff knows they have precious few natural goal scorers (one is precious few), so they attempt to make up for it by getting what I call "process" goals, i.e. goals scored by virtue of constant pressure, crazy bounces, accidental deflections, etc. Basically, any goal you can get from a player who doesn't have the knack for scoring them on their own. The Blues are something like zero for their last 12-15 breakaway chances, and zero for their last 25-30 2 on 1...

MLS Descent To Garbage League Continues

Good fucking God almighty. I worried going into this season that referees might "magically" give a boat load of breaks to the Galaxy so that when Beckham returns he would be "playing for something." Look at this " penalty " and tell me what you think. DC was robbed pure and simple. So, was this a case of mind-blowing incompetence or a mandate from the league office? Time will tell. (Really that is the worst penalty call I've ever seen.)