Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The NHL Is Fucking Retarded

So, I'm just trying to enjoy a little playoff hockey tonight. My team doesn't make the playoffs so I don't have a rooting interest as such, I just want to see a good game.

Well, the NHL, as usual, just tells the fans to go fuck themselves.

I'm watching the Senators-Penguin game and 14 seconds after Ottawa scores to go up 4-1 Sidney Crosby scores to cut it to 4-2. It wasn't the prettiest goal in the world, but it was very clearly a goal. There is no controversy about that. If you think otherwise you are a god damned idiot. Well, the dipshits in the NHL say it isn't a goal after review. Now, these are the same assholes that got goal calls wrong TWICE in a single Blues game, so I'm not sure why I'm surprised. But it just pisses me off. I like HOCKEY. I don't really want to be on my blog bitching about the officiating. I don't give a shit about either of these teams. I just like hockey.

THE NHL IS RUINING HOCKEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I had to turn the damn thing off. Whether through incompetence or something else (hmmm...the Canadian teams benefits and the American team is screwed...where have a seen THAT before??), the NHL is bound and determined to destroy this game.

Complete and utter bullshit.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

plus, the team that benefitted was the same team that benefitted when the Blues had two goals taken from them.

The Ottawa Senators have some sort of compromising photos of the refs, clearly.

Rich Horton said...

So it would seem.

And did you see McGeough the other day???????? I swaer to God the guy had some sort of stroke and nobody has noticed. His mental processes seem a bit "slow". I forget which game it was, but he sees a slash that knocks the stick out of an opponents hand and decides (correctly for a change) to call a penalty. He raises his hand and waits WHILE THE TEAM THAT COMMITTED THE PENALTY PUT PRESSURE ON IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE. Finally the hamsters in his head kick in, the wheels begin to spin, and 10-12 seconds later he begins to think, "Hmm...you know, they guys with the puck, passing it around, driving towards the net, they committed the penalty. I know I'm supposed to do something, but what? Oh!! I remember!! Blow the whistle!!"

Its early onset dementia if I've ever seen it.