Thursday, March 6, 2008

What's In A Name?


Pujols Pounds Pitch Past Preening Pierre in Purina Park

From today's Beckhamania gossip in The Guardian:
Capello will send his general manager, Franco Baldini, to assess the 32-year-old in a friendly against FC Dallas at Pizza Hut Park in Texas on March 15.
Pizza Hut Park. I can't read that in a sentence without cracking up. It reminds me of the days when the new Cardinal ballpark naming rights were being hashed out. To torment my father, a 26-year Cardinal season ticket holder who saw his first games at Sportsmans Park, my brother put on a straight face and told him that a decision had been made to name the new stadium Purina Park. My poor dad just dropped his head and began muttering to himself before my brother let him off the hook.

But the dream isn't dead. Maybe in a couple of years we'll be able to see Becks play against Real Collinsville at a shiny new Puppy Chow Park.

No comments: