Tuesday, June 5, 2007

I Haven't The Slightest Clue



That would be my answer to IM's previous post. He can give rein to a bit of his earlier jealousy. The copies of The Guardian are piling up on the floor, barely browsed and the only revelation I have had in nearly two weeks was at the half of the England/Brazil friendly. I watched it with friends here and my host broke open a bottle of Glenfarclas for the second half.

Now there is a lovely, LOVELY 10 year old Speyside malt that is deep golden brown with the smoky and peaty flavor that drinks much more like my beloved Islay or Orkney malts. I was shocked when I found out it was a Speyside.

Tomorrow I am going to try to find a place to watch the England/Estonia match but I won't put in too much effort. Worst case scenario is following The Guardian's MBM report with a bottle of Glenfarclas. IM may just get the pleasure of watching the Limeys go tits up in Euro 2008. The one thing even my malt-distracted senses have picked up is that the Englanders are panicked about flaming out tomorrow.

5 comments:

Rich Horton said...

England will win 3-0, so I'm not sure why they have their kickers in a twist.

Southlandish said...

Good call, Nostradamus.

Rich Horton said...

All your ways are known to me.

Southlandish said...

I suppose it would be setting the bar a bit low to say your gift told you that discussions with Mrs. Southlandish about Friday's plans yielded only one firm result - pints in the pub come evening.

Rich Horton said...

Yes, but more may result.