Skip to main content

Yeah, But How Does It Feel?

I saw this and thought it summed up what I was feeling listening to last night Cards game pretty well:

10:35. That’s what time it is as I type this paragraph. Albert has just come through in the clutch yet again, making my piss and vinegar rant pretty much useless. I thought about deleting it and starting over, but then I re-read it and it was pretty funny, so I kept it in.

10:43. No Buddy of Sleep Bell, the manager of the Royals, decides to make a pitching chance to intentionally walk Chris Duncan. Only on Kansas City folks, only on the Royals. Instead of Bobby Knight in the stands, they must have Mike Waldo. 4 corners. 4 corners! (Maybe 5 people got that, but those 5 people are laughing right now. Sorry.)

10:47. Bench coach Joe Pettini opts not to tell Ryan Ludwick that we’re tied, not down by 4. Ludwick in turn cools St Louis by 3 degrees with some mighty cuts. Fernando Tatis is somewhere stoking his rat tail in approval.

10:50. I’m pretty sure I was pre-pubescent when this game started. Extra Innings. Ugh.

11:16. So Taguchi gets picked off by, I’m estimating here, 59 feet. I wouldn’t mind getting hit in the nuts right now. I really wouldn’t.

11:27. Albert Pujols comes to the plate again… and flies out to deep right. Oh Sweet Merciful Jesus, why do you not want me to sleep? I’ve been watching this game so long Tomo Okah made a start in Memphis, pitched 5 solid innings and is now warming in the bullpen to come in for the 12th.

11:56. Bases loaded. I’m taking my pants off and having a cigarette. I don’t even smoke.

12:06. Pujols is up… and he walked. 5 hours in and Big Al is even less insightful than normal. If that is even possible. People are sitting in the green seats that definitely shouldn’t be there. They just have a look of hoos that the center field camera doesn’t normally capture.

12:12. Pujols is gunned down @ 3rd. I had no intention of writing a running diary of this game, yet 5 hours and 3 minutes into the rubber match of the I-70 series and here we are. Uncle.

12:17. Pud Wells is back for another inning of work. Maybe it’s the sheer ridiculousness of this particular game, but he actually looks pretty good. Triple with 1 out. Kip Wells, the man never ceases to find new ways to loose for the Feebles. Now he decides to get out of a jam for the first time all season. Jamba Juice.

12:31. Ludwick HOME RUN!! HOME RUN!! Wells Wins?! That’s a Winner!

You know, when Taguchi got picked off I turned to my wife and pretty much sneered at her, "Typical." (For some unknown reason she likes So.) So, see??? This season is turning loved ones against each other.

Which reminds me...I've got to treat the wife well tonight.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matt Damon: "James Bond Should Be A Wuss, Like Me."

Alright, maybe Damon didn't say that exactly, but he might as well have : Hollywood star Matt Damon has dismissed James Bond as being stuck in the past. The actor, who appears in the Bourne thrillers, said: "The Bond character will always be anchored in the 1960s and in the values of the 1960s." The suave spy was "so anachronistic when you put it in the world we live in today", he said, but added that Bourne was no better or worse than Bond. Damon was speaking in London, where The Bourne Ultimatum, the third film in the franchise, is having its UK premiere. "Bond is an imperialist and a misogynist who kills people and laughs about it, and drinks Martinis and cracks jokes," he told reporters. "Bourne is a serial monogamist whose girlfriend is dead and he does nothing but think about her." Bourne mooning over his dead girlfriend is something we should be excited to see? Give me a break. At least Bond lives in a world where it is killed or be ki...

A Note of Optimism About the Note

 If you have been trying to watch the St. Louis Blues attempt to play hockey of late it would be hard to believe the word optimism could ever be in play. The losses continue relentlessly, often in the "never in the game" style, but increasingly in a "lose from winning position" flair which is enough to make someone turn on the news for an upbeat change of pace. (Wow, plane crashes and LUNACY!) This team still can't score with the regularity needed to win consistently in this league. The coaching staff knows they have precious few natural goal scorers (one is precious few), so they attempt to make up for it by getting what I call "process" goals, i.e. goals scored by virtue of constant pressure, crazy bounces, accidental deflections, etc. Basically, any goal you can get from a player who doesn't have the knack for scoring them on their own. The Blues are something like zero for their last 12-15 breakaway chances, and zero for their last 25-30 2 on 1...

MLS Descent To Garbage League Continues

Good fucking God almighty. I worried going into this season that referees might "magically" give a boat load of breaks to the Galaxy so that when Beckham returns he would be "playing for something." Look at this " penalty " and tell me what you think. DC was robbed pure and simple. So, was this a case of mind-blowing incompetence or a mandate from the league office? Time will tell. (Really that is the worst penalty call I've ever seen.)