Thursday, June 21, 2007

Yeah, But How Does It Feel?

I saw this and thought it summed up what I was feeling listening to last night Cards game pretty well:

10:35. That’s what time it is as I type this paragraph. Albert has just come through in the clutch yet again, making my piss and vinegar rant pretty much useless. I thought about deleting it and starting over, but then I re-read it and it was pretty funny, so I kept it in.

10:43. No Buddy of Sleep Bell, the manager of the Royals, decides to make a pitching chance to intentionally walk Chris Duncan. Only on Kansas City folks, only on the Royals. Instead of Bobby Knight in the stands, they must have Mike Waldo. 4 corners. 4 corners! (Maybe 5 people got that, but those 5 people are laughing right now. Sorry.)

10:47. Bench coach Joe Pettini opts not to tell Ryan Ludwick that we’re tied, not down by 4. Ludwick in turn cools St Louis by 3 degrees with some mighty cuts. Fernando Tatis is somewhere stoking his rat tail in approval.

10:50. I’m pretty sure I was pre-pubescent when this game started. Extra Innings. Ugh.

11:16. So Taguchi gets picked off by, I’m estimating here, 59 feet. I wouldn’t mind getting hit in the nuts right now. I really wouldn’t.

11:27. Albert Pujols comes to the plate again… and flies out to deep right. Oh Sweet Merciful Jesus, why do you not want me to sleep? I’ve been watching this game so long Tomo Okah made a start in Memphis, pitched 5 solid innings and is now warming in the bullpen to come in for the 12th.

11:56. Bases loaded. I’m taking my pants off and having a cigarette. I don’t even smoke.

12:06. Pujols is up… and he walked. 5 hours in and Big Al is even less insightful than normal. If that is even possible. People are sitting in the green seats that definitely shouldn’t be there. They just have a look of hoos that the center field camera doesn’t normally capture.

12:12. Pujols is gunned down @ 3rd. I had no intention of writing a running diary of this game, yet 5 hours and 3 minutes into the rubber match of the I-70 series and here we are. Uncle.

12:17. Pud Wells is back for another inning of work. Maybe it’s the sheer ridiculousness of this particular game, but he actually looks pretty good. Triple with 1 out. Kip Wells, the man never ceases to find new ways to loose for the Feebles. Now he decides to get out of a jam for the first time all season. Jamba Juice.

12:31. Ludwick HOME RUN!! HOME RUN!! Wells Wins?! That’s a Winner!

You know, when Taguchi got picked off I turned to my wife and pretty much sneered at her, "Typical." (For some unknown reason she likes So.) So, see??? This season is turning loved ones against each other.

Which reminds me...I've got to treat the wife well tonight.

No comments: