Sunday, November 25, 2007

I'm Gonna Bitch & Moan

...Because that's just what I do.

Great, Mizzou won. I'm quite happy about it. They were CLEARLY the best team and it was well deserved.

The officiating crew, however, should be stripped naked and staked to ant hills. It was as if they were single handedly determined to keep Kansas in the game. The final total on penalties was 14 on Missouri (140 yards) to 2 on Kansas (25 yards). This doesn't count at least three penalties on Mizzou that were declined by Kansas. If Missouri looked at a Kansas player the flag was thrown. But, magically, Maclin getting lit up by a safety a full second before a pass arrives doesn't call for a flag, and a very dangerous block from behind below the knees gets "missed." Not to mention that twice Missouri was called for ticky-tack "retaliation" penalties after Kansas cheap shots. A solid 50% of the calls were made by the same white-haired asshole, I mean linesman, I pointed out at halftime.

It pisses me off because I didn't just want to beat Kasas, I wanted to humble them.

2 comments:

Southlandish said...

It was only fair since Kansas had clearly been misinformed that it was a touch football game. Their tackling was not so much woeful as nonexistent.

Rich Horton said...

Yeah, it was hard to know what exactly to expect from that Kansas defense since they never played a decent offense. A refresher in Tackling 101 might be in order (unless that is considered a graduate level course at KU.)