Saturday, November 24, 2007

Okay, I'll Give You That I'm An Idiot

Otto: The font of all wisdom.

Remember back when I was proud because I predicted the score of the Missouri/Ole Miss game to within a single point? Remember, also, back when I predicted a 7-5 campaign for the Tigers? Well, I long for those nice simple days.

Today I woke up at 6AM and wasn't able to get back to sleep because I'm excited about the "big game" which was 13 hours away at that point. (Trust me, the over/under on my being asleep on a Thanksgiving Holiday Saturday is usually set at 11AM...with the smart money on the over.) I'm just getting over the flu, so it isn't as if I can start making bloody marys to take the edge off. (Are mimosas more soothing on the stomach?) So, I'm sitting here fidgeting, watching the clock and waiting while the acid begins to build in my gut.

I'll say this though: I've seen Mizzou play a few times, and I've seen Kansas twice. Mizzou should win this one handily. Back in August I predicted 41-17 Missouri, and that should be about right...except everything is different now. The stakes are not just about the big rivalry game, and I worry the Tigers will not react well. But Kansas hasn't been in this position either.

Besides, it is high time Kansas got payback for 1960.

And, for no particular reason, here is a photo of Miss America/Miss Universe from 1960. C'mon Mizzou! Let's do it for her too!

No comments: