Sunday, November 4, 2007

No Words

I've no idea what to do with myself these days. I find myself doing things I've never dreamt of doing in the past, like looking at the BCS rankings with a legitimate rooting interest; coming up with scenarios where Mizzou is playing for the National Championship; writing sentences that include the words "Mizzou" and "National Championship" and DON'T include the words "fat chance."

I would have loved dearly to watch the Colorado game this weekend...as would anyone who lived through the "fifth down" game, but it has been almost as much fun to read the aftermath of it all. Mizzou's beatdown on the Buffs didn't get the press that the Jayhawks dropping 76 on Nebraska did, but it was the Tigers who had the better day. Hell, if it wasn't for two miscues (one by the offense, the other on special teams) Mizzou might have shut Colorado out. For a defense that was finding its way early on this season, that is huge.

Now it is Texas A&M at home and Kansas State on the road. And then........

No. I'll just hold off on thinking that far ahead.

No comments: