Monday, August 6, 2007

Cards Equal MLB Offensive Record (And Not One For Futility)

I listened to all three of the losses to the Nationals, but I miss this: Cardinals tie major league record for consecutive hits

The St. Louis Cardinals tied a major league record for consecutive hits on Monday, rattling off 10 straight in the bottom of the fifth inning against the San Diego Padres.

The Kansas City Royals set the record when they had 10 consecutive hits in the third inning against the Detroit Tigers on September 9, 2004.

On Monday, St. Louis had six straight singles before Scott Rolen and Ryan Ludwick hit back-to-back home runs. After a walk to Yadier Molina, pitcher Braden Looper reached on a bunt single and Aaron Miles singled to center to tie the record.

I simply can't win for the Cardinals losing.

I'll say it right now, Ryan Ludwick is only 30 points of batting average off of being an everyday in this league.

Can he be a .280 hitter? I don't know, but I think the Cards need to get him 300+ AB's to find out.

No comments: