Friday, August 17, 2007

You're Only Going To End Up Miserable, You Fool


Those were the sweet, loving (and wise) words of the lovely Mrs. Southlandish last night. We were floating the pool, enjoying a happy hour cocktail. I had just finished waxing poetic about the Cards sweep of the Brewers, the fact we were only one out in the loss column and how I now had a meaningful Cards/Cubs series to watch this weekend. I had assumed, as usual, she was only pretending to listen when she decided to break out the buzz kill. Is it any wonder I love her?

Alas, echoing IM's prior post, I am still going to make myself miserable and follow every goddamned inning. Moths to the flame, you know....

2 comments:

Rich Horton said...

At least it is an afternoon game at Wrigley today, that way I'll know early on if I want to drink in celebration or despair tonight.

Rich Horton said...

Despair it is. Nothing like pissing away Looper's best pitching performance in two months.