Monday, August 20, 2007

The Hand Of God Makes An Excellent Coke Shovel


WOW. We all knew Mardona wasn’t the sharpest tool in the shed, but what an idiotic suck-up. From today’s Guardian:

In Maradona's chatshow in Buenos Aires last year, he admitted that the goal had been a piece of "mischief", but yesterday's admission was delivered with more glee and tinged with political rhetoric…the 46-year-old was a surprise guest of "Hello President", a Sunday talkshow hosted by Mr Chávez which lasts much of the day... Maradona earned thunderous applause when he said he loathed everything that came from the US. "I hate it with all my strength." He pledged allegiance to his host and to Cuba's Fidel Castro, who has arranged treatment in Havana for his addictions.
"I believe in Chávez, I am Chávista. Everything Fidel does, everything Chávez does, for me is the best."

Where to start with a vein this rich? First, I’ve never felt so much sympathy with the Venezuelans. Your Sunday radio is dominated by a day long chat show hosted by Chavez?!? Where the hell is Human Rights Watch when you need them? Second, I’d say the English need to move on but the name Don Denkinger still haunts my dreams. And finally, we have yet another Bush foreign policy failure. How does he of all people NOT secure the support of an iconic, Spanish-speaking, cokehead cheat? Talk about your slam dunks.

UPDATE:

IM here.

In "great minds think alike" territory, I had similar thoughts on another blog: Drug Addled Has-Been Hates U.S.

1 comment:

Southlandish said...

That is funnier than hell!

BTW, Ankiel is in the lineup and just doubled Ryan to third in the first.