Thursday, August 16, 2007

It's Mid-August & The Cards Are 2 Back In The Loss Column

...and it is still 2007. This is something I didn't expect. It sort of reminds me of 1996 when the Cards somehow cobbled together a team that got to within a game of the World Series even though we all knew they were not very good. Of course, this mostly says what a terrible division the NL Central is this year, but you have got to play the schedule they give you and we have as much right as anyone to stumble into the playoffs.

Last night's game was a throwback, with Home Runs from Pujols, Rolen AND Edmonds. That we are getting quality starts from a rotation featuring Wells, Piniero, and Reyes is nothing short of a miracle.

I've been fighting getting interested in this team. They were simply dreadful for such long stretches. But I think they can now put a lineup out there that can score some runs, and I think they will get good enough starting pitching to keep them in games. The bullpen has been a plus all season....and we are only 3 1/2 games out of first.

Crap.

I'm interested.

No comments: