Friday, August 17, 2007

Please Let This Happen To Me

From yesterday's issue of The Fiver from The Guardian:
"I wasn't surprised when I saw Sven was saying no one had rung him. They ring me. I'm hoping David Beckham texts me soon" - A-level student Christina Tambaros, who was reassigned Sven-Goran Eriksson's phone number when he was ditched as England manager, on getting congratulatory messages from Les Reed and Gordon Taylor, and an offer to take an Inter midfielder on a free transfer. She's mulling it over.
How much fun would that be. If I ever get Walt Jocketty's old number, the hardest thing would be deciding who to fuck with first. Just to stir the pot, I think I'd initiate a text conversation with someone at the Tribune and in the course of it let slip that Jim Hendry had turned down talks in the off-season about a Pujols for Prior trade and then quickly backtrack and plead that it not be made public....


No comments: