Wednesday, February 6, 2008

From My (Near) Death Bed

Good God am I sick.

But, in an act that displays a seriously misplaced sense of duty, I dragged myself into work today...not that my students were happy about it. My head is pounding, my kidneys feel like Albert Pujols is taking a few practice swings in their general direction, and I'm pretty sure my ramblings about Aristotle in the last class were incoherent. Hell, that wasn't even my philosophy class, who are reading Plato anyway.

Still, I do know this. I still want to beat the crap out of Mexico tonight. I'll especially be interested to see if his time in the EPL has had an affect on Clint Dempsey. He can be such a pest when he is on his game, I'd love to see him drive our southern neighbors nuts.

1 comment:

Southlandish said...

25 MIN - Frenetic, aggressive, sloppy, too many long balls, bruising, raw, attacking, a mindless shitty pass for every sharp one. Take your pick. It ain't pretty but it's damned fun to watch two teams really going at it and someone has to score soon...


OK, there it is. USA 1-0 MEX.