Monday, February 4, 2008

Monday Morning Ramblings

My middle name is Icarus.


* An excellent defensively-minded Super Bowl with an amazing finish. Just my kind of game. I managed to avoid all the hype and only saw the play on the field. I'm sure most people hated it, but two possessions in the first fifteen minutes was fantastic. Crap ads from the sampling I saw, the WHEEL SUCK! Bud Light spot excluded.

* The NFL season is behind us and only two more miserable Illini games darken the horizon before the pitchers and catchers report.

* The Birds have inked Juan Gone to a minor league deal. Prediction: Great spring. Wins roster spot. Stratospheric early numbers. Back blows out by mid-April. Brian Barton shipped back to the Indians, blossoms…..I know. I know. I’m being overly optimistic that Juan could provide us with a couple of weeks of production before an injury sidelines him, but I'm a glass half full kind of guy.

* Great commentary on Liverpool’s less-than-enthusiastic crowd from The Guardian’s Scott Murray in his minute-by-minute coverage of Liverpool v. Sunderland this weekend:

41 min: The Anfield crowd are currently midway through a performance of John Cage's 4'33".

No comments: