Friday, June 20, 2008

Filatov

Based upon my continued reading leading up to this NHL Entry Draft, I have to make a slight alteration in the GASL Draft Board for the Blues. I listed the probability of Nikita Filatov being around at #4 as 90%, but the more I read from him, the more it becomes clear that he really wants to play in the NHL. If NHL teams are sold on that, then the only issue that comes up with him is if he will ever fill out his skinny six foot frame to survive the rigors of North American hockey. Most scouts believe he will.

Given this, I will have to revise my estimate. This will also alter chance that a couple of other players on the GASL board would still be around.

The Changes:

#2) Zach Bogosian, RD: Was 15%. Now, make that 25%.
#3) Nikita Filatov, LW: Was 90%. Now, 50%.
#5) Alex Pietrangelo, RD: Was 90%. Now, 100%.
#6) Colin Wilson, C: Was 98%. Now, 100%.
#7) Drew Doughty, RD: Was 85%. Now 90%.

If the Blues don't decide to trade the pick, I increasingly get the feeling Doughty will get selected. This is reinforced by the rumors I hear that the Blues have been talking up Luke Schenn. That has the feel of trying to discourage teams in the Top Ten from attempting to trade up to #3.

No comments: