Sunday, January 7, 2007

Blues Screwed Again

I swear to God, I'm not a paranoid by nature, but the officiating in the NHL is doing its best to make one out of me. From the PD:

The club lost its bid Saturday to set an NHL record for consecutive first periods without allowing a goal. Nashville's Vernon Fiddler appeared to kick in the puck 2:08 into the period. Though the net came of its moorings on the play, neither of those reasons stopped officials from calling it good after a lengthy review.

"I have to see the replay, but as far as I know, I made the first save ... it rolled down my leg and a stick never touched it," Legace said. "The puck was on the line and his toe went (forward). That's kicking in my book."


It should be kicking in everyone's book. Chances are this team will not be making the playoffs, but the NHL has to do everything in its power to keep them from having other accomplishments as well.

Typical.

Of course it is frustrating to lose to Nashville again, particularly since all of the games have been tight. (Of course I'd say the Blues DID beat Nashville back around Christmas...but Oh those pesky officials again.) But it is a shame that the NHL stills seems to be intent on keeping the Blues down.

(Don't pay any attention to me...us Blues fans are a bitter lot.)

No comments: