Skip to main content

Welcome Sports Fans

Well, this is an idea I've toyed with for quite sometime. I actually started up a page back in 2002, but it was too difficult to keep up with it. Today though, Blogger really removes a lot of the difficulties involved.

So here it is. One stop shopping for...well, really only for myself. However, if you happen to be a fan of one of the teams I support you can think of this as a home away from home.

And what teams are those? Well, in no particular order they are:

1) St. Louis Cardinals
2) St. Louis Blues
3) St. Louis University Billiken (soccer and basketball)
4) D.C. United
5) University of Missouri Tigers (football and basketball)
6) Team U.S.A. (hockey)
7) U.S. Men's National Soccer Team
8) Notts County (English soccer)
9) West Coast Eagles (Australian Rules Football)

Additionally, I will also track the exploits of any fantasy teams that I have going.

I figured I keep track of all these things already, so I might as well keep my thoughts for posterity.

You are all welcome to come along for the ride.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Matt Damon: "James Bond Should Be A Wuss, Like Me."

Alright, maybe Damon didn't say that exactly, but he might as well have : Hollywood star Matt Damon has dismissed James Bond as being stuck in the past. The actor, who appears in the Bourne thrillers, said: "The Bond character will always be anchored in the 1960s and in the values of the 1960s." The suave spy was "so anachronistic when you put it in the world we live in today", he said, but added that Bourne was no better or worse than Bond. Damon was speaking in London, where The Bourne Ultimatum, the third film in the franchise, is having its UK premiere. "Bond is an imperialist and a misogynist who kills people and laughs about it, and drinks Martinis and cracks jokes," he told reporters. "Bourne is a serial monogamist whose girlfriend is dead and he does nothing but think about her." Bourne mooning over his dead girlfriend is something we should be excited to see? Give me a break. At least Bond lives in a world where it is killed or be ki...

A Note of Optimism About the Note

 If you have been trying to watch the St. Louis Blues attempt to play hockey of late it would be hard to believe the word optimism could ever be in play. The losses continue relentlessly, often in the "never in the game" style, but increasingly in a "lose from winning position" flair which is enough to make someone turn on the news for an upbeat change of pace. (Wow, plane crashes and LUNACY!) This team still can't score with the regularity needed to win consistently in this league. The coaching staff knows they have precious few natural goal scorers (one is precious few), so they attempt to make up for it by getting what I call "process" goals, i.e. goals scored by virtue of constant pressure, crazy bounces, accidental deflections, etc. Basically, any goal you can get from a player who doesn't have the knack for scoring them on their own. The Blues are something like zero for their last 12-15 breakaway chances, and zero for their last 25-30 2 on 1...

MLS Descent To Garbage League Continues

Good fucking God almighty. I worried going into this season that referees might "magically" give a boat load of breaks to the Galaxy so that when Beckham returns he would be "playing for something." Look at this " penalty " and tell me what you think. DC was robbed pure and simple. So, was this a case of mind-blowing incompetence or a mandate from the league office? Time will tell. (Really that is the worst penalty call I've ever seen.)